School Mission Statement
"The mission of the Dauphin County Technical School is to prepare students to enter post secondary education and industry with the attitude, skills, and knowledge necessary to be successful in a constantly changing and competitive world.
Through the utilization of a curriculum firmly grounded in academic and industry-based standards, DCTS will provide all students with the skills, and knowledge necessary to actively enter a dynamic and competitive high skills work force and/or post secondary education.
Dauphin County Technical School Will Promote Educational Achievement Among Students by:
- Requiring all students to demonstrate proficiency on Pennsylvania’s Academic Standards and/or a locally designed assessment to graduate.
- Providing a variety of academic and career and technical training programs to meet the needs and interests of all students, with appropriate counseling in the selection of a vocation;
- Providing a safe environment conducive to achievement by maintaining an atmosphere that encourages respect, responsibility, positive attitudes, integrity, safety, and pride in work;
- Assessing individuals through the use of on-going evaluations that reflect students’ knowledge in academic and career and technical areas.
Produce Self Directed, Life- Long learners by:
- Preparing students who will have increased opportunities for success in their chosen career path;
- Providing opportunities for students to learn how to be collaborative, high-quality contributors to the economic and cultural life of their communities;
- Instilling the skills and work habits to be productive members of a changing society;
- Providing opportunities for adults to train and/or retrain in occupational areas.
Develop Responsible and Involved Citizens by:
- Providing an understanding of how occupations relate to the economic and civic well-being of the community and nation;
- Creating an awareness of the responsibilities of full-time employment and independent adult living and citizenship.
- Encouraging students, staff, and alumni, to contribute to the economic and civic well-being of the community.
- Increase and enhance the number of educational options for students to achieve high standards with particular attention to career and technical education.
Encourage Communication and Interaction between the School and Community by:
- Promoting student and staff volunteerism in community events and public service projects;
- Cultivating relationships with employers and industry through shadowing, internship and cooperative education opportunities.
Prepare Adaptive Users of Advanced Technologies by:
- Designing and promoting student development on all levels toward advanced technical knowledge, concepts and skills in relation to the requirements of industry and society.
Develop Caring, Supportive, Family and Community Members by:
- Encouraging proactive family involvement in the educational process;
- Increasing awareness of the roles and responsibilities of family and community living.