Evening Courses for AdultsWelcome to the adult education program from the Dauphin County Technical School Continuing Education Office . We offer evening programs in many areas that last from 4 hours to 42 hours depending on the trade. All courses are taught by qualified instructors and are in our well equipped labs. Please see our brochure and if you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
Please review our policies
for more information regarding payment and cancellation
for Adult Evening courses.
Adult Learners in Daytime Programs
Any interested adult may apply to become an adult daytime student in any of our 25 career and technical programs depending on availability and space. The adult would be learning in the same classroom as the high school students but on an independent study program for a full school year (approximately 900 hours).
The main objective of Dauphin County Technical School’s Continuing Education Office is to provide occupational training opportunities for those persons who are underemployed or unemployed. Programs provide occupational training for persons entering or re-entering the job market, or persons wishing to change their career fields.
The Dauphin County Technical School may accept adult learners in daytime programs based on the following criteria:
- Space must be available. The secondary students are the school's first priority. Available space will be determined by June 30th of the existing school year based upon secondary student interest in each area. Adults will be placed on a waiting list according to a chronological date of application.
- Adult residents of Central Dauphin, Derry Township, Halifax, Lower Dauphin, Middletown, and Susquehanna Township School districts have priority over non-residents.
- No adult student may be enrolled whose high school class has not graduated.
- The student must secure all necessary clearances:
- All applicants will be placed on an initial forty five (45) day school probation period to determine their continuance. Adults must abide by the Rules and Regulations set forth by the Adult Student Handbook.
The admittance to and the attendance in a public school is a responsibility and a privilege dependent upon compliance with School Code and those Rules and Regulations established by the Administration. When a student fails to comply with those reasonable rules and regulations designed to protect the rights and to guarantee the safety and welfare of all students, the privilege of attending the school will be revoked.
The Joint Operating Committee shall have the option of assuming responsibility
for making its regular educational program available to adults. The Joint
Operating Committee may or may not exercise such option.
To apply for acceptance
into the program, the adult student must fill out an application and secure the following clearances: FBI, Child Abuse Check & PA State Criminal Background Check. If any discrepancies are found, the prospective student will not be enrolled. Please ask the DCTech Continuing Education Office for more information.
After the application has been completed, the next step is to set up an appointment with a school representative for an interview. After a successful interview , meeting the instructor in the area of interest and the clearances are brought to DCTech and filed, the student will receive a letter of acceptance to begin at the start of the next semester of the career and technical program. Preference will be given to alumni, and adult residents of the six sending school districts of our school: Central Dauphin, Derry Township, Halifax, Lower Dauphin, Middletown, and Susquehanna Township
All correspondence and inquiries should be directed to:
Dauphin County Technical School
Continuing Education Office
6001 Locust Lane
Harrisburg, PA 17109
(717) 652-3170, option 4